On Monday, August 21st, Recovery Café hosted a Thank You for your Service: BBQ and Resource Fair in Honor of our Veterans and their Families. This was a great day full of celebration and resources for our Veteran community. Over 150 veterans and their families connected with various behavioral health services, medical and dental vans, haircuts and foot care. We were delighted to have Mayor Ed Murray, Seattle City Council Councilmember Lorena González, State Senator Reuven Carlyle, State Representative Gael Tarleton, King County Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles and Seattle City Council Candidate Jon Grant, who spoke during raffle drawings throughout the day.
One important theme for the day was encouraging everyone to support King County Proposition 1 – Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy.
Thank you to all the service providers who helped make this a very special event:
- King County Veterans Program
- Medical Teams International Dental Van
- King County Medical Care Van
- Northwest Justice Project | Veterans Project
- Goodwill RISE Employment Program
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families at Community Psychiatric Clinic
- Gene Juarez
- Hepatitis Education Project
- Urban Rest Stop
- Public Health Reserve Corps Nurses
- Molina Healthcare
- Counseling Recovery & Wellness – Catholic Community Services
- VA Medical Center
- VA Puget Sound Addiction and Treatment Center
- Union Gospel Mission Shower Van
- Seattle King County Coalition on Homelessness – Voter Registration
- Compass Housing Alliance
- Constituent Services and Outreach Coordinator from Pramila Jayapal’s Office
- Women’s Benefit Administration
View the gallery below for more photos from the event!