On Monday, June 18th, Recovery Café hosted our 2nd Annual Thank You for Your Service: BBQ and Resource Fair in Honor of our Veterans and their Families. This was a great day full of celebration and resources for our Veteran community. Veterans and their families connected with various behavioral health services, received foot care and showers, and enjoyed fantastic food and music. A special thank you to Freestone Capital Management for volunteering for the day and to State Senator Jaime Pedersen, State Representative Nicole Macri, Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant, and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Regional Director John Graham, who spoke during raffle drawings throughout the day.
Thank you to all the service providers who helped make this a very special event:
- Goodwill RISE Employment Program
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families at Community Psychiatric Clinic
- Urban Rest Stop
- Public Health Reserve Corps Nurses
- Molina Healthcare
- Counseling Recovery & Wellness – Catholic Community Services
- Union Gospel Mission Shower Van
- Seattle King County Coalition on Homelessness – Voter Registration
- Constituent Services and Outreach Coordinator from Pramila Jayapal’s Office
- El Centro de la Raza
- Solid Ground
- Crisis Clinic
- Gilead Science
- Veterans Administration
View the gallery below for more photos from the event!
State Senator Jaime Pedersen &State Representative Nicole Macri speak with Recovery Cafe Director, David Coffey.
HHS Regional Director John Graham has his blood pressure taken