While we made the difficult decision to close both of Seattle Recovery Cafés, we are continually seeking ways to support our Members until we can gather together as a community again. Here are just a few ways we’re supporting our Members:
– We are providing to-go meals 7 days per week from our South Lake Union location – Monday-Sat from 12:30-2:30 and Sunday 10:30- 12:30 pm
– Our staff and community volunteers are doing weekly check-in calls and online Recovery Circles to support our Member’s mental health
– And….even if you’re not a current Member you’re invited to participate in teleconnection. Let us know via phone or email and someone will get back to you
– The Recovery Café Network is working to provide resources and support to the 20 other Recovery Cafés across the country
– We have given operational control of our SODO site to King County to use in the most useful way for the pandemic response, and they have discerned the current best use is as an enhanced shelter for people who are unhoused.