We are thrilled to announce that Recovery Café is open in a limited capacity as a gathering space! We have missed being able to gather together. While we are excited to see each other, we also recognize that we will not be able to operate in the same way we were before — COVID-19 is still a present danger and our number one priority is keeping our community safe.
Both our South Lake Union and SODO locations are open. Our SLU location on Boren Ave is open from 12pm – 6pm, Tuesday – Saturday. Our SODO location on 6th Ave South is open from 9am – 3pm, Monday – Friday. This space will be available to our active Members — those who are in a Recovery Circle –- and Guests. Guests are allowed to visit the Café 3 times before they need to attend New Member Introduction and join a Recovery Circle.
Although some mask regulations have changed, King County Public Health still requires face coverings at all homeless service provider sites. Therefore, to be safe, we will require mask wearing (when not actively eating or drinking at your table), temperature checks at the door, signing a COVID agreement, and social distancing inside. This will be different, and we thank you for your patience as we all learn together.
What are your days and hours?
SLU: Tuesday – Saturday, 12:00 – 6:00 pm.
SODO: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00pm
SLU New Member Introduction will take places every Tuesday and Saturday at 2:00 pm.
SODO New Member Introduction will take place every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 am.
Can I come in any day?
Yes, if you are enrolled in a circle, you may come in any day that we are open if there is space available. If you are not enrolled in a circle, you may come in as a guest up to 3 times. After that, you must attend New Member Introduction and join a Recovery Circle.
Will you still serve meals?
Yes, our buffets are open at both locations.
Can I eat and drink inside?
Yes, eating and drinking are allowed inside the Café at this time. Masks are still required when you are not actively eating or drinking at your table and social distancing will still be enforced.
Is SODO open?
Yes! Come by and say hi.
Are in person Circles available?
Yes, in person Circles are being held with limited availability. If you are interested, please let staff know if you are interested.
Once I return to a circle (Zoom or in person), what happens to my 1:1 check-in caller?
It depends. If you’d like to keep a phone connection in addition to your Circle, please talk with staff or your facilitator. The Café is about community and we want to foster those connections.
What will happen if I have a Café-provided cell phone?
For the time being, our phone will remain active. Stay in contact with your support caller or circle facilitator for updates.
Do I have to wear a mask or be distant?
Yes, masks must be worn at all times and social distancing is still required.
Do I have to be vaccinated?
No, we will not require you to be vaccinated. However, to keep our community safe we will ask you to follow our COVID safety policies.
If I’m vaccinated, do I still need to follow those policies?
What will be required of coming in the Café?
Welcome back to the community space! The Café space is for Members who are enrolled in Recovery Circles and those interested in Membership.
We will have temperature checks at the door and ask if you have had any symptoms of COVID-19. If your temperature is more than 100 degrees Fahrenheit or if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you will be asked to leave and come back later. While inside the Café we will ask that you follow any COVID-19 guidelines that we implement.
Do I have to go to New Member Introduction again?
There are some new policies in place, we will ask that you talk with staff before coming into the Café. You will be asked to fill out some paperwork so we can have up to date contact information.
What are Recovery Café’s COVID protection policies?
Policies will be provided when you first enter and posted in the Café. Chat with staff for the most up to date information.
Can I use the library, the computers, or play games?
Books from the library may be used but must be turned in to staff to sanitize after use. Please do not place them back on the shelf.
Computers will be open at reduced capacity. Stations will be sanitized by staff between uses and hand sanitizer will be required before use.
Yes, games are available upon request.
Can I do community service hours?
Yes, as space and staff capacity allow. Call ahead to schedule.
Member COVID Agreement
We are so glad to see you! As we return to being together in-person, we all need to work together to keep our community healthy. We will require all Members to sign a COVID agreement. Please carefully review the following.
I will follow all Recovery Café’s COVID-19 safety policies, listed below:
- I will wear a face covering over my nose and mouth and keep at least 6 feet of distance from others at all times, as recommended by CDC guidelines.
- If I have been diagnosed with COVID-19, if I am showing any symptoms of COVID-19, or if I believe I may have been exposed to COVID-19, I will not come to Recovery Café until completing the required period of isolation or quarantine (see reverse side). I understand that missing my Circle for any of these reasons will not affect my Membership status.
- If I am diagnosed with COVID-19, as soon as possible I will notify Recovery Café staff and/or share with public health contact tracers that I have been at Recovery Café.
- I will abide by RC staff decisions to keep the Café and our community safe.
- I understand that Recovery Café may share my personal information, such as name and contact details, with health officials if I have tested positive for COVID-19 or if I may have been exposed to COVID-19 at the Café.
- I understand that coming to the Café in-person may increase my risk of exposure to COVID-19. I understand that being on-site is completely optional and is not a requirement for participating in Café programs. If I change my mind, I can ask at any time to switch to phone support.