Recovery Café description:
Recovery Café is a community of women and men in recovery from the trauma of homelessness, addiction and/or other mental health challenges. In this loving community, men and women experience belonging, healing and the joy of contributing. The Café helps participants develop tools for maintaining recovery and stabilizing in mental/physical health, housing, relationships and employment/volunteer service.
Our intern will have the opportunity to work in the Resource Raising Office for Recovery Café. The intern will report to the Director of Resource Development, and is expected to work between 12-20 hours a week. The intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Acknowledge donations and interact with donors
- Conduct prospect research including individuals, corporations and foundations and provide analysis to support solicitation strategies.
- Ensure accurate records for our donors and their giving history by working with key staff in managing the constituent relations database
- Build relationships and exchange information with other nonprofits
- Collaborate on foundation grants and other proposals
- Draft letters, review mailing lists and help prepare mailings
- Write articles for the Café’s print and electronic newsletters
- Provide logistic and clerical support for events including designing event materials, working with outside vendors and coordinating event logistics
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and with others – especially with donors, vendors, and volunteers
- Dependable, flexible, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Familiarity with the Benevon model and/or eTapestry constituent relations database a plus
Our intern will receive support, mentorship and fundraising knowledge from our staff, which includes a clinical psychologist, ordained minister and experienced fundraisers. Through this work, the intern will become familiar with fundraising, nonprofit administration, and Recovery Café’s peer-to-peer recovery support model.
Interested individuals should contact David Uhl about how to apply. No calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.